Saturday, April 18, 2009

Laminating inside port hull

Flemming, Peter and Musse helped laminating inside.

Peelply is applied. We had a little trouble getting a prober vacuum, due to leaking seams. I think I will glue the overlaps of the seams in the future. It seems to me getting these seams airtight with just the bog from inside is hard to obtain.
It is most frustrating when I tried to make the seams as good as I can and that is not good enough. With the time running it is most important to get a good vacuum fast.

Also the bag had a small hole that was sealed with a bit of tacky tape.

Finally we got the vacuum good enough.

-0.9 bar is not perfect, but good enough for a tight laminate.

There were proberly more hidden small holes in the seams, that are difficult to seal since the stringers are in the way.