Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lower port hull planked and HD inserts

The planking of the lower hull is now ready to fit HD inserts , short for high density ( hard foam 200 kg/m3). These pieces are used everywhere compression will occur, like fitting locations, but also along keel for trailering loads.
First I had to fit another batten on top to hold the extra foam, needed for vacuumtape.

Here I marked the two cutting lines for the keel HD, with this simple guide.

Cutting the foam out using a Fein cutter (this machine, I borrowed from a friend, is very usefull in a project like this)
Test fitting the HD strip.

1 comment:

Rod said...

Good work Martin. I would have liked to have done this part on my hull as well. There are quite a few things that I don't like but it's done now. Back to the sanding.